Beads in the back are great enemies of our skin and pose an aesthetic problem. They can appear for different causes and, therefore, their treatment may vary. Below we review their main triggers and some recommendations to combat them.
Why do I get pimples on my back?
Beads in the back can appear in both men and women, and at any age , adolescence being a key moment for the development of acne , since there are continuous hormonal changes.
The skin on the back is thicker than in other areas of the body, which causes pores to clog more easily as a result of excess sebum or accumulation of dead cells.
Sometimes, this dermatological disorder not only occurs in the back, but also in the shoulders and arms. This condition is known as acne and can occur in several ways.
It has already been discovered that there is a bacterium that has a direct influence on the appearance of granites: Propionibacterium acnes, a microorganism that is found in the normal microbiota of the skin.
Recently it has been described that it does not have the same behavior in all skin types and, in addition, there are different strains that make this microbe more or less aggressive.
However, the origin of the appearance of the granites in the back is multifactorial , because in addition to the role of P. acnes , it is the result of various internal and external factors.
Causes of the appearance of pimples on the back
The granites in the back are mainly due to:
- Excessive sebum production: The back area has more active sebaceous glands, with which there is a greater tendency for the appearance of granites.
- Hyperkeratinization of the epidermis and accumulation of dead cells.
- Hormonal factors.
- Genetic predisposition
In addition, pimples on the back can appear at any age as a result of continuous exposure to stress or from bad daily habits. Other possible causes may be:
- Bad nutrition. Foods high in trans fat or sugars, which unbalance blood glucose levels and accumulate in the form of fats, affect the health of the skin.
- Abuse of nutritional supplements that usually contain testosterone, which can lead to a hormonal imbalance.
- Improper hygiene of the area and use of inappropriate products.
- Drug use such as corticosteroids, antiepileptics or some antipsychotics are acne inducers.
- Humidity and excessive sweating. The back is an area that remains covered for most of the day, this together with the sweat and the use of overly tight garments favors the clogging of the pores of the skin.
Recommendations to fight back pimples
To prevent the uncomfortable appearance of pimples on the back it is important to consider some considerations and carry out a routine of body cleansing.
1. Maintain proper hygiene
Hygiene plays a fundamental role in the appearance of granites. It is important that at the time of bathing this area is not forgotten; You can use soft bristle brushes for cleaning. Use the right cosmetic products for your skin type, neutral pH soaps and scrubs.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothes
Wear loose clothing for the skin to perspire. Very tight garments, and keeping the back moist for a long time, favors the clogging of skin pores . Therefore, after exercising, change your shirt and take a shower as soon as possible.
3. Eat well and stay hydrated
Prepare a proper diet to avoid the abuse of sugars, saturated fats and trans fats , because they can worsen the presence of granites.
4. Eye with sun exposure
We should not expose the back to excessive solar radiation, as it could make acne worse, in addition to causing spots and scars . Sun exposure should be moderated always using a good non-comedogenic sunscreen.
5. Don’t touch the granites
Do not squeeze or scratch, you could infect the area and lead to greater inflammation.
6. Seek professional help
Sometimes, with these measures is not enough. If the problem is not eradicated by performing the recommended routines, it is convenient for a specialized doctor or dermatologist to treat your problem to prevent it from progressing. The use of dermatological formulations suitable for your skin type is essential.