Leather shoes require special care to stay in optimal condition. Therefore, we share 5 interesting tricks to clean them without difficulty. Take note!
Cleaning leather shoes is a task that can be tedious when the proper technique is unknown. Although there are specialized products that facilitate it, it is convenient to know some tricks that allow them to be impeccable and smooth without spending too much. Are you interested
This time we want to share 5 tips that help remove dirt from your shoes, leaving them looking soft and shiny. Best of all, you will not have to buy conventional products , as we propose cleaning based on natural ingredients. Aim!
5 tips to clean leather shoes
The best way to keep leather shoes in perfect condition is to maintain them after each use. Although sometimes we ignore it, on its surface they accumulate traces of dirt that can accelerate the deterioration of the material. How to facilitate cleaning?
1. Clean the leather shoes with a brush or cloth
The first recommendation to clean leather shoes is to remove dirt from its surface with the help of a soft brush or cloth. If the shoes have laces, it is best to wash them separately with soap and water so that they are completely clean. If you are going to gym and need the best cross training shoes for men then read this post carefully.
- Brush in several directions, making slight pressure to release the adhered dust. To finish, rub the footwear with a clean dry cloth.
2. Water and white vinegar
A solution of water and white vinegar can help remove stains that make the surface of this type of footwear look bad. However, it is important to apply it evenly, not only on the stain, as it could be left with patches.
- After applying the solution on the footwear, dry them with a clean, soft cloth and put them in the sun.
3. Olive oil
The application of olive oil on leather shoes can leave them smoother and brighter. Therefore, if they have acquired a dull and dirty appearance, be sure to try this trick. It is ideal for replacing waxes and special products.
- Apply a few drops of oil on the shoes and rub them with a clean, soft cloth.
4. Talc powder for grease stains
Grease stains are usually quite noticeable on leather surfaces . Fortunately, they can be easily removed with the help of talcum powder. This ingredient absorbs fat and prevents patches on the material.
- To begin, dry the oil stain with a clean dry cotton cloth until the moisture disappears. Be careful when cleaning the grease, because if you rub it you can spread the stain.
- Next, apply the talcum powder on the desired area and let it sit overnight.
- The next morning, shake the shoes and remove the debris with a soft brush.
5. Banana peels
Did you know that you can clean leather shoes with a banana peel ? Although we often consider them a waste, they can be used for other purposes at home. The compounds that have inside help to remove the residue that accumulates on the leather , leaving the surface shiny.
- Take a banana peel and rub the white part on the shoes. Then, polish with a cotton cloth until the residue is removed. Finally, put them to dry outdoors.
How to clean leather shoes inside?
After cleaning the leather shoes on the outside, it is time to clean your inner part to prevent the proliferation of germs and odors. While we overlook it, sweat and bacteria that are retained inside are the cause of unwanted odors and infections.
- To start, moisten a cloth with water and a few drops of ammonia. Then, rub the inside of the shoe and let them dry in the shade.
- Later, when the shoes are already dry, pour a generous amount of baking soda inside. Shake them so that the bicarbonate is well distributed.
- Leave it on overnight and, the next morning, throw away the waste.
- Finally, remember to put a little powder on your feet before using the shoes in order to avoid the bad smell .
Still not cleaning your leather shoes? Write down these simple tricks and leave them as new. As you can see, they are very easy to apply and do not require large investments.